Home staging is a process in which a home is made ready for being presented in front of a prospective buyer. People looking to sell their home quickly must do certain things for making their abode appear appealing. This includes cleaning the house thoroughly and eliminating all sorts of chaotic feeling from it. Below we have offered some tips for staging a home for a quick sale:
- Start by adding curb appeal. The first thing that the prospective home buyer will notice about your home is its exterior. For making a good impression your home’s outside must be in good shape. You can do that by trimming and applying a coat of paint on the shutters of the front door. Power washing the exterior also works great in eliminating the tattered look of the house. Besides these, clean the sidewalks, driveway and porch of your home thoroughly.
- Every corner of the home must be cleaned carefully. If you find that the carpet is not clean enough, the best idea would be replacing it. If you do not have an extra carpet, get the one you have steam cleaned professionally. Also, wash each door and window, launder the window hangings and clean the fans until they turn pristine.
- You must also put in some effort to make the home appear new. Revamp your kitchen and bathroom by adding new features like light fixtures, faucets, fans etc and polishing the existing woodworks.
- If you have enough money, paint every possible part of your house, the doors, the cabinets, the woodworks and of course the walls. Choose from neutral shades like pale blue, peach, lighter shades of sage green and beige. Fresh coats of paint will make your home look striking and all the stains and smudges will get covered.
- The interior of the house must possess proper lighting. Also, spray a high quality room freshener before the potential buyers enter your house. All these will attract them towards the ambience of your home.