Do I need a lawyer to represent me in the transaction?

Yes. There are many important legal issues involved in selling real estate. State law prohibits real estate agents from giving legal advice to buyers and sellers. You need a lawyer to represent you when buying and selling real estate. Fortunately, you have the benefit of MotonProperties’s affiliated real estate lawyers, who concentrate on the special needs of FSBO sellers. To find an attorney that is right for you, click on “Find an Attorney to help me with my real estate transaction,” located at the top of this page and every other page on this site.